For Our Kids parents and teams live, work, meet, and act in communities that exist on land that has been taken from many Indigenous peoples across Turtle Island, whether through unfulfilled treaties or outright occupation of unceded territory. Acknowledging that Indigenous, First Nations and Inuit are the original stewards of the lands and lifeforms that For Our Kids works to protect, we aim to learn from them and to be better accomplices in this undertaking.
Parents have come together in these communities to create a better future for all kids. Using the settler names by which those communities are known is not intended to disrespect the traditional ways in which the land was identified. We commit to working toward a better understanding of the history of the lands we live on.
- In and around Duncan, BC: For Our Kids Cowichan
- Victoria, BC: Parents for Climate (Victoria) and For Our Grandkids (Victoria)
- Vancouver, BC: For Our Kids Vancouver
- East Vancouver, BC: Families for a Safe Climate (East Van)
- North Vancouver, BC: For Our Kids North Van
- New Westminster, BC, you will find the group: Babies for Climate Action
- Surrey, BC: Surrey For Future
- Calgary, AB: Eco-Elders for Climate Action
- Guelph, ON: For Our Kids Guelph
- St. Catharines/Niagara, ON: For Our Kids Niagara
- In and around Orillia, ON: For Our Kids Orillia
- Port Hope, ON: Port Hope for Future
- Toronto & the GTA: For Our Kids Toronto
- Peterborough, ON: For Our Grandchildren
- In the national capital area: For Our Kids/Parents for the Planet Ottawa-Gatineau
- Montréal, PQ: Pour Nos Enfants / For Our Kids Montréal
- We are very happy to partner with Mères au front, supporting parents in communities throughout Québec, including Baie-des-Chaleurs, Bellechasse, Estrie region, Joliette-Lanaudière, Laval and region, Lévis, Montréal, Québec City, Région des Laurentides, Prescott-Russell (ON), Rimouski, Rive-Sud, Rosemère, Rouyn-Norand, Trois-Rivières, and Val-d’Or. If you would like to bring parents together in a francophone community, within or outside Québec, please contact meresaufront [at] gmail [dot] com.