If you don't see a team close to you below, or you want to learn more about For Our Kids before jumping in, you can start by attending a Welcome Session, or emailing one of our organizers with your questions: [email protected]
For Our Kids parents and teams live, work, meet, and act in communities that exist on land that has been taken from many Indigenous peoples across Turtle Island, whether through unfulfilled treaties or outright occupation of unceded territory. Acknowledging that Indigenous, First Nations and Inuit are the original stewards of the lands and lifeforms that For Our Kids works to protect, we aim to learn from them and to be better accomplices in this undertaking.
Parents have come together in these communities to create a better future for all kids. Using the settler names by which those communities are known is not intended to disrespect the traditional ways in which the land was identified. We commit to working toward a better understanding of the history of the lands we live on.
- North Vancouver Island & smaller islands: For Our Kids North Vancouver Island
- Ladysmith-Nanaimo, BC: For Our Kids Ladysmith-Nanaimo
- In and around Duncan, BC: For Our Kids Cowichan
- Also in the Duncan area, BC: Mother Rising Collective
- Victoria, BC: Parents for Climate (Victoria)
- Victoria, BC: For Our Grandkids (Victoria)
- Vancouver, BC: For Our Kids Vancouver
- Vancouver, BC: Babies for Climate Action
- North Vancouver, BC: For Our Kids North Shore
- In New Westminster, BC, you'll find the group: Babies for Climate Action
- Surrey, BC: Surrey For Future
- West Kootenays: For Our Kids West Kootenays
- Calgary, AB: Eco-Elders for Climate Action
- Saskatchewan: For Our Kids Saskatchewan
- Guelph, ON: For Our Kids Guelph
- St. Catharines/Niagara, ON: For Our Kids Niagara
- Port Hope, ON: Port Hope for Future
- Toronto & the GTA: For Our Kids Toronto
- Peterborough, ON: For Our Grandchildren
- Prince Edward County, ON: For Our Kids Prince Edward County
- In the national capital area: For Our Kids/Parents for the Planet Ottawa-Gatineau
- Montréal, PQ: Pour Nos Enfants / For Our Kids Montréal
We are very happy to partner with amazing networks of parents and grandparents with the same goal of creating a more liveable future for kids:
- Mères au front, supporting parents in dozens of communities throughout Québec. If you would like to bring parents together in a francophone community, within or outside Québec, please contact meresaufront [at] gmail [dot] com.
- MD Moms 4 Healthy Recovery, a group of physicians from across Canada who are mothers, calling for a healthy COVID-19 recovery plan from the federal government.
- GASP Grand(m)others Act to Save the Planet, a network of grandmothers and grand-others joined in a grassroots, non-partisan movement of political and personal actions.