We are a community of parents, grandparents and families who have come together to tackle the climate emergency by participating in family-friendly activism activities.
If you like what you see, sign-up to our monthly email/newsletter to learn about upcoming actions and volunteer activities.
Our first event in 2021 will be a virtual chat on Wednesday January 6th at 8 pm and another one on Thursday January 7th at 7 pm. (We know bedtimes cover the gambit so we are hosting two different times!) We hope you will join us one of the evenings!
Here's some of our past actions:
- We called on MPPs across Ontario to oppose proposed changes to the Conservation Authorities Act that undermine the role of Conservation Authorities in watershed planning and management by using this “news article from the future”.
- In collaboration with Family Earth, we have created a family-friendly 24 days of kindness to the earth challenge. We invite you to join us.
- In collaboration with our Jewish members, we have created a family-friendly 8 nights of Tikkun Olam. We invite you to join us.
- We sent an open letter to Ottawa City Council on Nov. 3, encouraging them to take bold action during budget deliberations to dedicate clear funding for action to mitigate climate change, and emphasized the message with a pop-up art installation "Our children's future is worth investing in" at Commissioner's Park Nov. 17-19.
- This action is a follow up to a successful collaborative effort over the summer to change Ottawa City Council's minds about cutting funding to the Energy Evolution plan. More background on this issue here.
Looking for something to do over the holidays. We recommend reading The Parents' Guide to Climate Revolution by Mary DeMocker. Please join us!