Who We Are
We are a volunteer group of parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, caregivers and allies working together for climate justice in Toronto, Ontario. We are a supportive community where everyone is welcome whether you are new to climate action or have been at it for years. Through collective action we aim to secure a sustainable and just world for ALL children for generations to come.
- Connect with other parents and allies in the Greater Toronto Area who are worried about the climate crisis and want to take action. We aim to continually bring new people into the climate movement.
- Advocate for climate action at all levels of government, and hold our elected officials accountable for their climate plans and promises.
- Take Action by developing projects and events that are part of the solutions we need to address the climate crisis and create a just world for all.
- Amplify and Support the work of other organizations and campaigns that are fighting for climate justice.
Ways to Get Involved
- Join our Organizing Team! We meet every other Wednesday from 8pm-9pm via Zoom. Please contact [email protected] for more information
- Sign up for our mailing list and receive a For Our Kids Toronto welcome package to learn more about our group and what it means to be involved
- Follow us on social media - @ForOurKidsTO to be kept in the loop on events and opportunities to support
- Check out the For Our Kids event calendar to see what's going on!
No More Gas Plants
Say no to more gas plants in Toronto and Ontario, and get your kids involved in the action! Download a post card template here to print, draw a picture, and send to the Premier.
Let's talk! Schoolyard Climate Conversations
We are hosting FREE workshops for parents and teachers at GTA schools this year.
*School Information Night
*Professional Development for Teachers
Want us at your school? Email us at [email protected]
Led by For Our Kids Toronto facilitators, Schoolyard Climate Conversations are judgement-free online presentations and discussions where parents, teachers, and adult allies can deepen their understanding of the climate crisis, impacts, and solutions.
Recognizing that today’s youth are experiencing growing rates of anxiety related to climate change, SCCs aim to help adults better understand climate change and how they can support young people in taking action. By providing resources and tools for making connections with local groups and organizations, SCCs are aimed at building community in and around our schools, nurturing resilience, and building more equitable and sustainable neighbourhoods.
With the goal of supporting school community climate action, the SCCs have been developed to support the Toronto District School Board’s new Youth Climate Action Guide, which provides resources for student-led climate justice initiatives, and the goals of TransformTO – the City of Toronto’s climate action plan.
A full SCC is 90 min, but we can also provide a 20 min presentation to your school advisory or parent council. We can also tailor our presentation for specific groups and areas outside of Toronto. Please email us at [email protected] to inquire.
Sign on to our mailing list to stay informed of upcoming Schoolyard Climate Conversations. If you are part of a group who would like to participate in an SCC - like a parent council, school staff, or neighbourhood group - please let us know. We'd be happy to tailor a presentation to your specific context