Ways to Get Involved
- Join our Organizing Team! We meet every other Wednesday from 8pm-9pm via Zoom. Please contact [email protected] for more information.
- Sign up for our mailing list and follow us on social media - @ForOurKidsTO to be kept in the loop on events and opportunities to support
About Our Team
Who We Are
We are a volunteer group of parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, caregivers and allies working together for climate justice in Toronto, Ontario. We are a supportive community where everyone is welcome whether you are new to climate action or have been at it for years. Through collective action we aim to secure a sustainable and just world for ALL children for generations to come.
- Connect with other parents and allies in the Greater Toronto Area who are worried about the climate crisis and want to take action. We aim to continually bring new people into the climate movement.
- Advocate for climate action at all levels of government, and hold our elected officials accountable for their climate plans and promises.
- Take Action by developing projects and events that are part of the solutions we need to address the climate crisis and create a just world for all.
- Amplify and Support the work of other organizations and campaigns that are fighting for climate justice.
- Stick to protocols and hear all voices
We start and end meetings on time, stick to the agenda, and follow meeting protocols so there is space for everyone to be heard.
- Assume positive intentions
We all share a common goal and are united in our shared intentions. We support each other and work together.
- Be anti-racist, both personally and as an organization.
We acknowledge our own biases and commit to practicing anti-racism by continually learning and challenging our assumptions.
- Prioritize our health and well-being
We recognize that this can be challenging work and that we are all juggling a lot of responsibilities in our lives. We will support each other, respect limits, and cultivate positive relationships so that we may sustain our work together and grow a nurturing community.
Our Work - Past and Current
Under construction. Check back soon!