Welcome to For Our Kids! You’re on your way to becoming a team leader in your area! You're joining a big community of like-minded parents all wanting to make a better world For Our Kids.
A warm welcome from all our For Our Kids teams across the country, and our network's national support team - Ruth, Lorna, Natalie and Lella.
You'll start with a first meeting with our new teams organizer Natalie - here's what we'll do:
- Share our stories (Why we want to get involved/stay involved)
- An orientation to the For Our Kids network and the role of our team leaders (you can find a preview about this in our Organizing Guide)
- Talk about an action you'd like to take - your own idea or one of our current actions
- Discuss launching a team in your area with a first meeting
Bringing people together in your community to talk about big topics like climate justice can feel intimidating, particularly if you haven’t been involved in something like this before. But most team leaders had no prior experience, and we're here to offer you support all along the way. We break down the process in three simple steps:
After your first team meeting or "launch party", Natalie will connect you to other team leaders and teams across the country for added support and connection. You'll be connected through:
- Our team Slack workspace, an interactive discussion forum where ideas, resources and tips are shared
- An invite to our team leaders’ meetings, which are every other month on a Sunday 10am PT / 1pm ET. More details and dates for 2022 here
- Our Team Leaders’ email list with monthly updates just for teams and reminders about team leader meetings teams
Take me back to the New Team Leader Training Homepage