Now that the dust has settled on a short and intense federal election campaign, what can we do to hold elected Members of Parliament accountable to their platform promises?
Connect or Reconnect with your MP
Find your MP here and send an email or phone their office. Not sure what to say? Here are some ideas:
- let them know you are their constituent (living in their riding)
- if you've met formally with them before, remind them what you met about
- speak from the heart and share your concern about your kids' future if urgent climate action isn't taken
- offer to work with them on that action
- invite them to meet with you and/or a group of parents in your riding
- include a note or hand-drawn picture from your child; older kids can add their own thoughts!