Here are some handy quick links for before your first meeting or as you're getting your team off the ground.
Team Leader / Organizing Training
- For Our Kids Organizing Guide
- Choosing a First Action (Organizing Guide pg. 9-11)
- Facilitating First Team Meetings (3 pages)
- Outreach and prep (2 pages)
- Template: First meeting /launch party agenda
- Template - General Meeting Agenda
- For a first meeting or launch meeting you can also incorporate this - template presentation or show this 5-min welcome video about For Our Kids
FOK Paid Zoom Account
- Nationbuilder is the software that hosts our website, forourkids.ca. It also allows us to communicate with our supporters, and allows you to send e-blasts to your team and to supporters in your area. You can also edit your team's website/landing page.
- Login to Nationbuilder here
- Tutorial video: How to create an event (RSVP) page in Nationbuilder
- Tutorial video: How to revive a past/expired event
- Tutorial video: How to Send Emails with Nationbuilder
- Tutorial video: How to edit your forourkids.ca team landing page/webpage
- List of For Our Kids Teams
Slack is the platform FOK teams use to communicate with each other: sharing questions, ideas for action, information or seeking and offering advice to each other. It's moderated by the For Our Kids national support team. Team leaders (or your team's liaison with the FOK national network) are asked to join, to foster communication between the bi-monthly team leader meetings. If you have core team members or fellow team organizers that would like to join too - they're very welcome! Just ask Natalie or Lella to invite them to the Slack workspace.
Orientation Video & other helpful links: For Our Kids Slack Workspace
Once you have a core team of members - some tips
- Roles During Meetings (4 pages)
- Ongoing Roles or Committees in For Our Kids Teams (2.5 pages)
- Tips: Hybrid Meetings - in-person & online (1 page)