Parents, grandparents and guardians are powered by our love for our kids and grandkids. We would do anything to create a healthy, equitable, liveable world for them and for future generations.
But the impacts of climate change and ongoing racial and systemic injustice are big and daunting, leaving many of us to wonder what we can actually do.
That's where For Our Kids can help. We're a network of support for those who want to connect and turn our love into action. By organizing that action and amplifying our voices, we'll make an impact and inspire even more parents to get involved.
How to start?
- Make sure you're connected: Join the For Our Kids network
- Then, join a For Our Kids team near you, or help start a local team. Often all it takes is one conversation to open the door to building a strong local team making a significant impact. You may be surprised to know that your friends, family, work colleagues, and neighbours are just as concerned as you are about the world their kids are growing up in.
- Find something to take on - an action that's meaningful for you. Find lots of ideas here!
- Not ready to start a team? There's always room for individuals and families to take action on their own
- Tell YOUR story: submit your photo and motivations in our Meet the Member series. More details here.
However you're involved, use the network to stay connected. We are stronger together and can have a bigger impact when we collaborate.
Do you have an idea for action? Let us know here.